The SCBA Summer Research Program (SCBA_SRP) is an intensive, 8-week, unpaid internship for high school students. It is designed to provide research experience and mentorship for high school students interested in biomedical research. The Program offers a great opportunity for students to try something new or take their experience to the next level. Under the guidance of a faculty and/or a research staff mentor, interns will participate in the ongoing research of a laboratory and present their findings either within the research group or at the SCBA regular academic seminars.
The program runs from the first week (Jun. 20th) of the summer quarter for 8 weeks. Students must be able to commit to this entire period in order to participate.
1) High school students entering the summer after 9th grade but before 12th grade (seniors are not eligible).
2) Strong scientific interest and academic background.
3) Available for the entire eight-week program in a research laboratory located in Seattle.
1) Fill out the online form on the website through this link, which includes a number of short-response questions or essays.
2) Provide contact information and request two reference letters to be sent to SCBA
3) Upload a PDF of your recent school transcript.
4) Upload a PDF of your resume.
5) Attend a Zoom interview (for the finalists) with the Selection Committee.
All application components and two letters of recommendation are required.
Interns are responsible for securing their own housing, transportation, and other personal expenses during their internship. Application is due on May 10 this year.
All the qualified applications will be reviewed and judged by SCBA summer internship subcommittee. The acceptance entering the internship program will be announced in May each year.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com.