SCBA-SinoBiological Young Investigator Awards are co-sponsored by the Seattle Chinese Biomedical Association (SCBA) and Sino Biological (Biotechnology company).
SCBA (http://scbahome.org/) is a volunteer run non-profit 501(C)(3) organization founded in 1993 in Seattle. SCBA strives to provide a forum for the exchange of information related to life sciences and the Chinese community in the great Seattle area.
Sino Biological (https://www.sinobiological.com/) is an internationally recognized reagent supplier and service provider specialized in recombinant protein production and antibody development. The company’s ever-growing portfolio of products includes recombinant proteins, monoclonal antibodies, ELISA assay kits, expression clones, cell culture media, and other molecular biology tools.
SCBA-SinoBiological Young Investigator Awards are established to recognize early-career SCBA members in Washington State who have made significant contributions to their respective biomedical research fields. The Awards also value individuals who are committed to making contributions to the SCBA seminars and/or annual meetings.
This year we only accept self-nominations, which means all applicants need to complete an online application process before the indicated deadline. Review processes will take place every year prior to the SCBA annual meeting. Awardees will be invited to present their research in one of SCBA regular seminars or annual meeting either online or in person.
1) The applicants must be young investigators in their early career as a student pursuing a terminal degree, a postdoctoral fellow, a non-tenured assistant professor within 5 years of starting the faculty position, or a PhD scientist in industry with less than 5 years of experience.
2) The applicant has made significant contribution to their biomedical research field or demonstrated great potential as a graduate student.
3) The applicant is a current SCBA member.
4) The applicant is currently studying or working in Washington State.
1) Fill out the online form, which includes several short-response questions or essays.
2) Upload a short description of your research and contribution to the field in PDF. This document should be no more than 1 page (plus references if applicable) (font size 11 point or larger, 1’’ or more margin). The document should be in English. Please do not include any proprietary information.
3) Upload your resume/CV or NIH BioSketch in PDF.
4) One recommendation letter is desired but not required. The letter can either be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org (with award type and applicant name in subject line) or uploaded along with the application.
5) Please submit your application no later than August 31st, 2023.
All applications will be reviewed by a professional review panel consists of experts from both academia and industry. Each application will be scored by all reviewers and ranked, and top candidates will be selected for awards.
Award types, Announcement, and Presentation
Depending on the applicant pool, there will be 1-2 awards in each of the four categories (student, postdoc, industrial scientist and junior faculty). The number of awards in each category will be ultimately determined by the number and credential of respective applicants. Each award will consist of a plaque and an honorarium of $500. The awards will be announced prior to SCBA annual meetings (Oct-Dec). Awardees will be invited to give a presentation of their work in SCBA seminars or annul meetings.
For any questions, please send email to email@example.com.